Thursday, July 31, 2008

I hate insurance!!!!! (Well, kinda)

So this is what a sick child looks like. Poor little Brayden is so sick right now. A couple of days ago I babysat my cousin's kids so that he and his wife could go to the Reno-Tahoe Open because my uncle Ron was playing in the amature round. Brayden , Leighton and Scarlett played all day and had a good time, but after they left Brayden started to not feel so well. I felt his head and he was on fire. He then told me that his head and throte hurt. The poor kid was just in pain.

Yesterday I took him in to our family doctor. I found out that what he had was a virus and that there was nothing that they could really do and that he would just have to wait it out. To top it all off, our doctor heard a heart murmur on Brayden. He has had it since he was a baby, but it hasn't gone away yet. So now he has to go in for an ecocardiogram to make sure that it is still a functioning heart murmur. Isn't that just dandy?!?!

When I got home, I got right on the phone making appointments for Brayden's heart. Later I got a call back form the cardiologist saying that they called to confirm our insurance and that they had told them that Brayden was not on our plan. I then called the insurance company and they said that they had no record of our son. Mind you, we have had our insurance since we have been married and all of Brayden's appointments have been paid in full everywhere. After that lovely phone call I called Mike and I was balling my eyes out. I was so upset because all I wanted to do was make an appointment for my son. Anyway, to make a long story short, my insurance company is making me fill out an enrolment form for Brayden and also send in his birth certificate. So as of right now I still have no idea how all of Brayden's appointments have been paid for the last five years. It's a mystery! Don't you all just love insurance companies!?!?!


2 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

OOOOOHHHHHH! Poor buddy! I'm sorry he is so sick! Tell him we love him and to get better fast!

Johnsons Away said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad, I'm sorry that he is sick. I'm sorry that you have to deal with insurance now, they can be very agravating. Good luck. Give that little boy a kiss and a hug from us



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters