Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We Love the 4th of July!

My Cute Boys!!!
Mommy and her baby!
Kurt, Mallory and Carson Grover
Brayden covering his ears from the loud noises!

4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I really don't know why I love it so much, but I really do. Mike and I have had this tradition of going down to the Nugget every year for the fireworks. We have done it every year since we have been married with the exception of one, which was when I was in one of my big surgeries to remove my cancer. I love that we live in a land where we can be free and have the right to chose whatever we want. I love that I can practice my religion and also to be able to share the gospel with others without any consequences. We live in a great nation.

This year was a fun one for us. We some of our family and friends over at our house for a barbecue. Of course, I forget to take any pictures of that. We had good old fashioned hot dogs, potato salad and a beautiful red velvet cake which was made by my friend Mallory. I wish I would have taken a picture of the cake because it was beautiful. It had a cream cheese frosting with blueberries and strawberries on it in a shape of a flag. Thanks again Mallory for the awesome cake.
After we stuffed ourselves with food, we went to downtown Sparks where we able to watch the fire works from a fairly close range. Brayden made me giggle. He hates loud noises, so he held his hand over his ears for the first half of the show and then realized that it wasn't really all that loud. Last year he covered his ears for the whole entire show. Maybe by next year we can go without the hands over the ears, or I may just have to buy him some earmuffs!

The food was great, the fireworks were great, the whole day was just great. We are truly blessed to live in this land. I am thankful for all of our service men and women who fight for our rights every single day. (That goes especially for my two military heroes, Dave and Joe - Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do.) We hope that your 4th was just as great!

2 comments:

Johnsons Away said...

I couldn't aggree more that we live in the best land. I love this country and all our freedoms. I'm glad you had a great 4th of July. The food sounded great. Love you and miss you.

Hunt Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun for the 4th, sorry we missed it. We had a great quite night with just our family. And it turns out that we had a great view of the fireworks right across the street at Macayla's school. So the kids had a little playground to swing and slide on while we watched the fireworks.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters