Saturday, August 2, 2008

Naughty Boy!!!



Funny story. Yesterday, Brayden was still not feeling well so I put him in his bed to rest and put on a movie for him. While he was watching his movie, I thought that I might as well get some work done around the house and I started cleaning out our office. I had the music playing and I was just cleaning away. Little did I know that Brayden had got out of bed, traveled down stairs and got my wallet out of my purse. Now, let me go back a little and tell you about the day before. We were watching a movie and Brayden had heard the ice cream man. He asked me if he could buy an ice cream sandwich and I told him that we had ice cream and popsicles and he could have one of those instead. (He really won't eat anything else right now because his mouth hurts so bad. ) I then told him that maybe he could have one tomorrow. Now, back to yesterday. After he got my wallet, he proceeded to go outside where he had heard the ice cream man. During this time I was still in my office working and had no idea that he had gone outside by himself. (We hardly ever let him go out in the front to play because we have a lot of speeders on our street. ) The next thing I know, I heard the front door close. I thought that maybe it was Mike and he was home early, but no. It was my five year old son coming up the stairs with my wallet in one hand, and an ice cream sandwich and a bag of change in the other. I had about $60 in my wallet and Brayden had give the lady a twenty from my wallet and came back with a little plastic baggie with all of the change. I the asked him where he went and he told me that he just went out and got himself an ice cream. I told him that he was in big trouble and that he knew that he wasn't supposed to go outside by himself. He then looked at me and asked, "Am I in time out, Mommy?". I was trying so hard not to laugh and he knew it. I then told him to just go to his room and eat his ice cream sandwich. Then of course I had to call my whole family and let them all know what he had done. What a little stinker!!! Oh, by the way, I did get the right amount in change back. Good thing.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

Ha! It would have been impossible for me not to laugh. Isn't Brayden just little Mr. independent...except for needing your money to pay for his ice cream of course. Is he feeling any better? We missed you guys at church.

Johnsons Away said...

That is too funny. I can totally see Brayden doing it though. I love that little man.

Jen Johnson said...

I love that story! I can never get enough of it! I love that little guy so much!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters