Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve

In the Vaughn household, every Christmas Eve is spent at my grandparent's house.  And every year we do the same things which consist of great food (ham, scallops, grandma's famous candy, and some veggies, of course), presents, and the always hilarious White Elephant Gift Exchange.  Let me tell you that this year we had some flat-out hysterical gifts.  Now, my family consists of very conservative Republicans, and here were some of the gifts:
My first picture is of my Gramps.  Every Christmas day he and my Uncle Steve would wear Bah-hum-bug sweatshirts.  So, it was decided that he needed a hat to go with it.
Barack Obama commemorative plate.  Gramps continued to tell us that he was going to throw it out his front door like a Frisbee.  Can you see the excitement on his face?!?!
The ever-so popular Barack Obama "Hope" poster, which came from the campus up at UNR (of course).
The best hat ever made.  My dad said that he would take it to his bowling league and wear it whenever he got a "turkey"!
Jaxson and Brayden - although Jaxson looks like he is in pain.
Brayden and Santa.
Some grand kids and great grand kids.
Presents, presents and more presents!
Getting ready for Santa!

3 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

What a fun tradition! How funny that Obama was the theme =D So when can you guys hang out??? Is Friday or Saturday better for you? Or maybe we could make it a girls thing and you could take me to see Twilight =D

Johnsons Away said...

I really like the frisbee idea :)That just sounds like so much fun.

Jen Johnson said...

I totally love the Obama stuff! Tell your grandpa that he needs to use it for target practice! Get some really GOOD use out of it!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters