Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Scanxiety"


Tomorrow I have to go down to San Francisco for a wonderful, fun-filled day of scans and doctor appointments. Every time these appointments come around I get what I call "scanxiety". I always feel as though I could vomit at any moment. I am starting to think that these appointments warrant some Xanex, don't you think? I have been lucky though. My appointments are now every three months instead of every 6 weeks. But still, it doesn't make it any less traumatizing. As of right now I have a couple of small tumors in my neck ,which have been radiated. They seem to not be doing much when it comes to growing. I just pray that it stays that way. So keep your fingers crossed and please keep me in your prayers. I know that it helps!!

There is one exciting thing about this trip. My sister, Brittney is coming with me and we are just going to do sister things. Of course we will start out our day with 3 hours of scans and about 2 hours of doctor appointments, but after that we are going right to Irving Street where we always get our pedi's and mani's. After that we will probably go out to dinner and out on the town. I just love that city. Of course during this trip there will be lots of shopping. We plan on hitting the outlet malls on Friday. I am totally pumped. Having her there with me and doing all of our fun stuff will take my mind off all of the cancer-schmancer stuff! I am blessed to have such an awesome sister!! I love you, Britt!!!!!!!!



4 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

Meg! I hope that everything goes well for you. I had so much fun last week with your family! Have fun in San Fran and good luck with all of your scans. You are an amazing lady! Don't forget it!

Sunderman Family said...

I don’t think we have met but I am Mike’s cousin. I have been reading your blog and love it! I just had to comment on this post because it hit so close to home. I know exactly how you feel (well almost exactly how you feel!) about these appointments. We have to go to Stanford every 6 weeks! And every time we go, there is lots of anxiety!! In fact we are going tomorrow, so as reading this I just wanted to cry – for you and what you have to go through and my baby and how she must feel! She is has JRA (arthritis). But at least we get to enjoy the wonderful city and you get to spend time with your sister! I hope all goes well for you at your appointments and I will be praying for you. I hope that you keep us posted!

Johnsons Away said...

That sounds like fun, well the after the doctor stuff of course. Maybe one of these times I can meet you there :) As always we will keep you in our prayers and can't wait to see you next weekend

Davo said...

Darn it, Michelle and I were in Sacramento for some training. We could have met up. We came back on Friday afternoon. Probably passed you on the freeway. We got pulled over doing 90 in a 65. Think I got a ticket? I'll let you guess. As always Meagan, my thoughts and prayers are ALWAYS with you. I was thinking about you last night out of the blue and had to call Gdizzle to find out how your doing. We will be moving into carson city next sunday, memorial day weekend so if your bored and mike wants some unpaid manual labor, give me a call. Im sure you will be busy with other things though. Talk to you guys later.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters