Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good Ol' Virginia City

We were very lucky in the fact that Mike had all of last week off. I was just so thrilled that Brayden and I would have him all to ourselves for and entire week. We decided to stay in town and just do some fun family adventures nearby. So on this particular day we drove up to Virginia City. Brayden had never been, and I thought why not. I hadn't been to Virginia City in a very long time, since maybe high school, and I thought it was a lot cooler that it actually is. When we got there and started walking do the main road, I realized that every other place was a bar. Not really the kind of place that I would like my five year-old boy to hang out ;-) We did however go and pan for gold, walk through the beautiful chapel, and go to a museum. All in all we had a pretty good time. We did finish the trip with some yummy peanut butter fudge, which for Mike and I, was the best part of the trip!!!




2 comments:

Hunt Family said...

How funny!! I remember thinking that Virginia City was cooler than that also. It is a good thing that Joe and I didn't take the kids up there when we were there last summer, we kept talking about it but never did it. I do remember the fudge shop and that is yummy, but is it worth the windy trip?

Johnsons Away said...

The fudge is the best. Did you guys get the old time photo? We always enjoyed that. I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Can't wait to here about the rest of the week.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters