Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Dear Mom

Today my mom had surgery to remove her abnormally over-grown thyroid. Everything went very smoothly. She had the worst anxiety throughout the whole day, but still was able to find the courage to follow through with the surgery. Her thyroid had grown four times in normal size. It took about two hours to remove the entire thing. Now they are sending a sample of the mass to the pathologist to see whether or not it is malignant. The doctor told us that everything went very well and that we just had to wait for the biopsy report. I have a feeling that everything is going to be all right.

The night before the surgery, my amazing husband gave my mother one of the most beautiful blessings that I have ever heard. The spirit was so strong that even I felt comforted right away. It is so wonderful to know that the Savior knows exactly how we feel when we are in our own darkest hours. Not only did he atone for every one of our transgressions, but he also felt every bad and fearful moment that we have had to endure. He knows exactly how we feel and He gives us the strength to endure our trials.

I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband who hold the priesthood. I love my hubby with all of my heart and am grateful for all of the sacrifices that he makes to be worthy of that power. I am also blessed to have such a wonderful mother who has been at my side during every part in my life, good and bad. I hope that I can one day be half the woman that she is. I am so grateful for the wonderful people that I have in my life. And to top it all off, I have the love of my Heavenly Father and the knowledge that I am a true daughter of His.

1 comment:

Johnsons Away said...

I am so glad that your mom is doing great. I lveo my brother and I love you. Thankou for sharing your sweet testimonty, you are just amazing. I love you.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters