Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

It was my dad's 50Th birthday a couple of weeks ago, so my mom, sister and I decided to throw him a surprise birthday party. We had it on Saturday night and it was a total blast. Here is a picture of me and my sister, Brittney. We posed like this on every single one of my mom's disposable camera's. I hope she gets a kick out of it.
We invited around 75 people to this bash, all consisting of my dad's family and closest friends.
Here we all are waiting for his arrival. I felt like I had butterflies in my stomach while I was waiting for him.
After he arrived, my mom, my sister and I all got up and said a few things about my father. My mom told everyone how my dad has gone to the blood bank every Sunday for the past two years where he donates platelets in my name. He does this because when I was going through treatment I needed a lot of transfusions and I was always in need of platelets. The blood bank has said that my dad has donated 88 bag of platelets which is equivalent to 150 blood donations, which in turn has saved 150 live and/or allowed 150 people to continue their chemo treatment. That brought tears to my eyes and many others when we heard that.
We also had a live bandi called The Recliners. The lead singer is my dad's best friend, Brad, who is actually the one with the guitar. The guy singing is a random person who sang like crap!. The band however was absolutely amazing!
Here are some family and friends cutting loose on the dance floor!
Here is my favorite cousin David! He got up a few times with the band and sang for us. In this picture I think that he is singing Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. Rock On Dave!!!!
Me, Mom and Britt! Hey Mom - Love the wide open mouth!!!
This has to be my most favorite picture of all! This is my uncle Kenny wearing his wife's sweater and sunglasses!
Here is my awesome dad at the end of the night opening his gifts. I just want to say how much I love my dad and how grateful I am to have him as my father. He has been there for me in my darkest hours and I couldn't ask for a greater father, friend, and grandpa "Gary"! We love you Dad! Happy 50Th Birthday!

4 comments:

Hunt Family said...

Your dad is really nice and I am glad that you were able to throw such a fun bash for him. I bet it made turning 50 that much easier. :)

Johnsons Away said...

That is so cool, that is so awesome that you did that for your dad. Your dad is a great guy.

Davo said...

I had a great time. Too bad Gary Passed out (wasn't my fault btw). Yeah I was up there on stage "livin the dream" haha. Take care guys.

Moffat's said...

I'm so glad you left a comment and that I finally checked them. You look great and I can't believe Brayden is that old. I miss you, Sara, Britt and Rachel so much. I'm so glad you have blogs. Please email me or call sometime. I would love to chat, my email is littlemrsmoffat@hotmail.com or call at 940-882-5678. Miss you.
Aubrey



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters