Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Radiation

About three weeks ago I went down to San Francisco to recieve my radiation treatment. My wonderful father accompanied me for the week. He was kind enough to take me to radiation everyday and then go play around the city. It was fun to just hang out with my dad for a week, just me and him. It had been a long time since we had done that. During our week there we were able to go to the King Tut exhibit at De Young, stroll Fisherman's Wharf (where we made our ritual trip to Hooter's - for the wings, of course), shopping and just walking around town. I even got him to watch Twilight and then go see New Moon at the theaters! We also had a blast watching one of our favorite shows, The Biggest Looser, while eating popcorn, candy and chips.

As for the radiation part, everything went as planned. I went in everyday for a session that lasted only about an hour and fifteen minutes. Much easier then my last treatment, which was two and a half hours of treatment a day! My dad took some pictures of the Cyberknife machine and the wonderful techs that took care of me. The machine actually looks like something that came out of the Star Wars movies. Cyberknife is amazing. The beam of radiation is very small and very precise. That's why they had to make me the mask to hold me in place. I'm not allowed to move at all. It's really not that bad. On the ceiling are cool blinking stars and they played any CD that I wanted to listen to. So, everyday I got to lay down for over and hour and just listen to John Mayer and Ingrid Michaelson. It was sort of relaxing in a way, but I am glad it's over with!

I just loved the name of this boat. It was a good reminder for me.


My dad outside of Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Being bolted in by my favorite techs!

7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

So, now I'm thinking what I would've listened to for an hour...I'm thinking some Peter, Paul, and Mary (I know) and maybe some Glee. Yeah, definitely Glee.

Unknown said...

Are you looking for a site where you can practically find comfortable and good paying jobs, for professionals who can do jobs for you, for social network where you can share different insights to sincere people, for a private tutor who can help you attend successfully to your homework and a full time job? No worries www.usincerely.com have it all.

U sincerely offers you connection to your friends and other people worldwide that offers opportunities to diverse interest groups. U sincerely helps you find highly skilled professionals at the best possible price. You could as well look for a job that suits your qualifications.

U sincerely revolutionizes the conventional job seeking and hiring system. Now you can work online in the most flexible manner and gain unlimited access to skilled professionals.

To learn more about this promising site that will open your gate to success in career and social life, visit www.usincerely.com

Johnsons Away said...

I love the shoes in front of the bench, it took me a second :)
I'm glad things went good.
I would definately have to have a mix CD, can't seem to pick just one :)

Jo said...

Hi,

I have just stumbled accross you blog and would like to wish you everything with your battle. You are so positive and I guess everyone around you is so proud of you.

If you don't mind I would like to keep up with what you are doing and as mentioned I wish you every success. You are quite welcome to pop into our little corner of the world in Australia!

PS your boy is gorgeous!!

tess said...

hi,i really really like your blog and admire you for being tough and positive in life.you've got a great family.i like to be your friend and thought of following your blog.i hope you can add me as your friend too.

Jenelia said...

Radiation is very small technique and today very effective method .
thanks for givinfg information...
Accredited Online Degree Programs

Harish Singh said...

Hi, I think your blog is very good, also very talented, its great time to read your post.

Accredited
Online Courses



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

:)

Web Site Counters